Among the construction materials you can buy direct from Cloburn Quarry are:
- 75mm Crusher Run – This is an all in 75mm down crushed granite product. It is the largest graded construction fill material we stock although larger sizes are available on request. 75mm Crusher Run should be laid not less that 125mm deep to allow it to be compacted into a first class load bearing body. If necessary it can be topped with either Type 1 sub base or 10mm down Type 2
- Type 1 Sub-Base – This is a minus 35mm crushed and graded material that complies with all government and road authority specifications. It is the industry standard sub-base with a wide variety of applications.
- Type 2 sub-base – Is well-suited to commercial car parks and blinding applications. However, if a decorative finish is required then use our red granite Firechip™ instead with its deep natural colour.
- Scalpings – A cost effective hard rock solution for jobs that do not require a certified product. Cloburn Quarry Scalpings are a minus 30mm graded product with excellent compaction properties.
- Gabion Stone – Crushed red granite mini blocks 200mm x 100mm that provide attractive filler for gabion wire baskets.
- Type B filter stone – Generally used by farmers and contractors to enhance the performance of field drains, this is a clean 20mm – 12mm aggregate.
- Pipe bedding – This is a fine aggregate used to surround pipes, cables and ducts to protect them from damage by compression or sharp objects. Here the bright red colour is a recognised safety feature as it gives excavation equipment operators plenty of warning that they are approaching a pipe track.