Cloburn concrete aggregates are often called for in high specification projects where quality is paramount. Probably the best concrete aggregate available in Central Scotland Cloburn granite offers a wide range of advantages.
Coarse Aggregate: 4mm – 20mm
This provides the bulk of the finished product. It is a low shrinkage, low water absorption, high strength aggregate with a bulk density of 1.4 tonnes per cm3 Using Cloburn aggregates will therefore allow you to produce more concrete per tonne than other aggregates which average around 1.6 tonnes per cm3
Fine Aggregate: 0mm – 3mm Granitsand™
Sand, mixed with cement and water provides the matrix of the concrete. Cloburn sand is produced from the finest quality granite and will make the finished product structurally sound and highly resistant to wear. Sand is normally the weak link with regard to wear resistance in concrete products is the sand used in the mix. Using manufactured sand like A quality which is of particular importance on concrete floors, roads and dock areas.
The significant properties of Cloburn concrete aggregates are;
- Very low water absorption
- High resistance to freeze thaw – MSSV value 0
- Low shrinkage – value 0.04%
- High strength – Ten percent fines value plus 370Kn
- Excellent shape with a flakiness normally is single figures
- Lower water demand than most other aggregates = less cement
- Low bulk density giving more cubic metres of concrete per tonne of aggregate
- Low Chloride and Sulphate content <0.01%
- Low Abrasion value giving longer life