High Specification Concrete Aggregates
Cloburn concrete aggregates are often called for in high specification projects where quality is paramount.
Cloburn Quarry are renowned for producing probably the best concrete aggregate available in Central Scotland.
Coarse Aggregate: 4mm – 20mm
This provides the bulk of the finished product. It is a low shrinkage, low water absorption, high strength aggregate
Fine Aggregate: 0mm – 4mm Washed Concrete Sand
Sand, mixed with cement and water provides the matrix of the concrete. Cloburn sand is produced from the finest quality granite and will make the finished product structurally sound and highly resistant to wear. Sand is normally the weak link with regard to wear resistance in concrete products but not the sand from Cloburn. This is a quality which is of particular importance for concrete floors, roads and dock areas.
- Very low water absorption meaning you can control water contents. This in turn means you can control cement contents producing a higher strength with lower costs
- High resistance to freeze thaw – the freeze thaw cycle causes water expansion which can crack concrete.
- Low shrinkage value – reduces chances of cracking, currently 0.04%
- Excellent shape with a single figure flakiness value – poor shape increases surface area therefore requiring more cement.
- Low water demand – less water, less cement means production cost saving.
- Low abrasion value – gives longer life and better durability of the end product.
If you have any queries please call us today by phone or email and we will be delighted to assist.
Granite, Stone & Sand Direct From Our Quarry In Lanark to Construction Sites Throughout Lanarkshire & Glasgow
Cloburn Quarry is located near Lanark, Scotland. Delivery throughout the UK and worldwide via bulk bags or tipper trucks.
Do you need more information about our delivery and returns before making your decision?